Welcome to a world that is full of music, animal noises, stories, art and shopping!

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Love is

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8, Bible

I am reminded of this definition of love and I come up with two questions, suddenly: what do we mean when we love someone and do we really understand what is meant by love.    Several months ago, I watched this documentary in my church with my friends and we all ended up crying...  This documentary is called 'Lovelife' and is about three 13-year-old Taiwanese girls who were diagnosed with bone cancer.     They didn't have much time left in their life yet they wanted use their own stories to tell the others to treasure and love their own lives.    Their stories make me reconsider my attitude to my life, my plans for my future and also, my relationships to my family and my friends.

Um... the introduction bit doesn't have English subtitles... -.- and here are my own translations! (Sorry that my translation is not very good ><""")

These three very cute and very brave young girls, Chia-Wen, Dora and Yi-Hwa,  left us and became angels in the heaven already.    Yet, they wanted to share with you a story of their life... if you only have a tiny bit of time left in  your life, how would you treat it?



The documentary's duration is one hour... actually quite long! XD   Um... but I would say that you wouldn't regret spending your time watching it! :)  The most inspirational part of it to me is the attitude of Dora's mother.    Despite that she was very sad after her daughter's death, she continued to 'spread her love' to the others that she visited school, jails and hospitals to tell people not to give up hopes and lives easily.     The question asked by the three girls also gave my a very strong impression as they ask that would we switch our lives with theirs if there is a chance like this.

Well, this is the end of my post today.  Thank you for reading it and see you next time! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment