Welcome to a world that is full of music, animal noises, stories, art and shopping!

Saturday 27 October 2012

Amigurumi & Japanese

Do you know what Amigurumi is? :3

It's the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed toys.    The word Amigurumi is a combination of 'ami', meaning crocheted or knitted; and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll.    These dolls usually have a 'chibi style' which means they have an over-sized spherical head and a cylindrical body. XD    Amigurumi are usually made of yarn using single crochet stitches (= double crochet in UK crochet terminology).     The stuffing of these dolls usually contains polyester or cotton.    However, other materials (for example plastic pellets) can also be stuffed in to create different textures.

*Note: The information of Amigurumi is from Wikipedia. :)

Um... I suddenly want to talk about it is that the stuffed toys made by Amigurumi are sooo cute!!! >///<
Here are some photos of amigurumi dolls I found on the internet. ^ ^















 






Since I am studying Art, I want to use this technique in my coursework as another media experiment. :D   My coursework's topic is 'birds' and I am currently working on this drawing:


XP I am using coloured pencils to draw a wing (><""" the wing is real...taken out from a dead bird... so creepy....) and it's still not finished yet actually. XP

Um... since I am introducing a Japanese art, I also want to talk about my Japanese lesson! :3    My friends and I will take a Japanese Exam (quite easy) next year as we are having a two-year Japanese course in our school. :> (One year learning is already passed....=.=)   The teacher is very nice and she is also very creative.    For example,since it's hard for us to remember the Japanese characters (we are learning Hiragana), she makes them into pictures!    For instance, 
So we can remember the pronunciation. XDD


Well, this is the end of my post today!! Hope you will like it and see you next time!! :DDD  Feel free to leave your comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment