Welcome to a world that is full of music, animal noises, stories, art and shopping!

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Life as a student studying abroad :3


Um.... in fact, I have been studying in UK for 3 years already, including this year!!! (so oooold... ><)   I am studying in a school that is near to Birmingham but actually in the countryside. XD  My life here is very happy overall, though sometimes I also feel stressed and uneasy to overcome the negative feelings.

When I first arrived at my school three years ago, I remembered I cried so much that I missed my parents and I wanted to go back to Hong Kong.    However, I gave up this idea very quickly as I knew that my parents already paid the school fee for one whole year for me =.= and this would only be a waste of money if I go back. XDDDD    This experience of studying abroad actually helped me to grow up a lot that I needed to take care of myself and learn to be independent.    I want to say that studying abroad is a fabulous experience here and everyone should treasure it if they have a chance. :3

Some people would ask me what the precautions of studying aboard are.   Well, these are my suggestions:

1. Decide where you want to live in
After you received the offer from your new school, your life as a foreign student has started!! You usually can choose to live in the school boarding house, to live in a guardian family or to rent your own house.    The first choice is what I chosen XP and this can help you to get to know all the other students in the shortest time.    You can also enjoy the life of living with a lot of classmates/schoolmates and can know the others’ habits and secrets XD easily.    The second choice is also quite good that you can understand the culture of the country quickly.    You would have a chance to taste traditional food of that country or that particular family as well.    The third choice is the one that can provide you with the most privacy, and allow you to be independent in the shortest time as you need to do all the housework such as washing your clothes and sweeping the floor.

2. Decide what to bring
The luggage weight allowances of the airline companies are usually quite low.    That means you can’t really bring a lot of stuff onto the plane.   I think that not bringing too many shower products is a good idea that they are usually quite heavy.    Bringing food is a good idea >///< that you would really miss food from your own country.

3. Do you have a visa?
Sometimes people need to have a visa to go to study abroad.  It is vital that you can’t go there to study if you don’t have a visa then everything you planned would have no use. :( So remember to have a visa before you go to your new oversea school! >:<

Well, these are what I want to say about studying aboard~~ >///< Please ask me anytime if you have any questions and it's welcomed if you want to share your life as a student studying abroad with me. :)

P.S. I find this website on the internet and I think it would be quite useful for some of you. :D It contains advice for people studying abroad in UK and please look at it if you want. :)
http://www.foreignstudents.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment